The Hamilton Unified School District safety committee, in order to provide an environment where respect and self-esteem create a basis for achievement, will strive to engage in such activities as listed below in order to ensure an atmosphere on campus that promotes safety, security, and effective crisis response for students and staff. The committee and administration will:
- Work to promote a safe work place.
- Work to prevent all work and students related accidents.
- Conduct educational exercises that promote safety and effective crisis response. (Fire drill, disaster drill, etc.)
- Enforce the campus safety and crisis response procedures and regulations as set forth.
- Develop processes in which safety hazards and accidents can be reported, investigated, and ratified or prevented.
Illness and Injury Prevention Program
An injury and illness prevention program is a proactive process to help employers find and fix workplace hazards before workers are hurt. We know these programs can be effective at reducing injuries, illnesses, and fatalities. Many workplaces have already adopted such approaches, for example as part of OSHA's cooperative programs. Not only do these employers experience dramatic decreases in workplace injuries, but they often report a transformed workplace culture that can lead to higher productivity and quality, reduced turnover, reduced costs, and greater employee satisfaction.
HUSD IIPP (DRAFT)
For more information, click here.